This document describes the terms that will govern your use of the summary.com Web site (“Web Site”) and all affiliated Soundview, Inc. (“Soundview”) services. Your use of this Web Site constitutes your acceptance of these terms. These terms may be amended from time to time at Soundview’s sole discretion. Any amended terms will be posted here, and will be in effect when posted. Your use of this Web Site following the posting of such amendments means that you accept the amendments.
The Web Site content (including graphical designs) is protected by federal intellectual property laws. You agree that you will not:
- sell, distribute, license, or otherwise exploit, in whole or in part, any content included on this Web Site, unless you first obtain the prior written consent of Soundview;
- copy, alter, translate, or otherwise modify any content included on this Web Site, unless you first obtain the prior written consent of Soundview;
- remove or obscure the copyright notice appearing on any Web Site content or otherwise use any Web Site content in a manner that infringes Soundview’s rights;
- modify, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, or apply any process, technique or procedure to ascertain or derive the source code, source listings, or any other proprietary information contained therein, except and only to the extent such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
- use this Web Site or any of its services herein in any manner that is illegal, obscene, pornographic, misrepresentative, defamatory, or that infringes the intellectual property rights of any entity or individual; or
- reveal to any third party any access code or password to Soundview content, unless you first obtain the prior written consent of Soundview. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all activities that occur under your password.
To discuss obtaining a site license or any other permissions concerning use of any Web Site content, please contact Soundview’s Corporate Solutions Department at 484-730-1270 x1 or send an email to [email protected].
Soundview makes every effort to ensure, but does not represent, that information contained on or obtained from this site is complete, accurate and timely. This Web Site is supplied to you on an "as is" basis without warranties or representations of any kind. The information contained in this Web Site is intended for the general information of the reader and should not be construed as legal or professional advice or opinion. Soundview makes no guarantee nor assumes any responsibility for information or its applicability regarding any specific or factual situation.
Soundview reserves the right to remove or replace previously published summaries or other content from the Site, including the Online Library, at any time for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to reasons of product defect, obsolescence, and expiration of publisher rights. All content that is delivered to a subscriber’s Online Library as part of their subscription will be archived and accessible to that subscriber as long as he/she maintains an active subscription to our publication. After a subscription expires, the subscriber can restore the content in their library by simply subscribing to our publication once again.
Soundview strives to provide a safe and secure experience to visitors to our Web Site. The only personally identifiable information that we collect is information that you voluntarily provide to us. Collection of personally identifiable information is necessary to place an order, request the status of an order, subscribe to a Soundview publication or service, participate in an on-line survey, request e-newsletter subscriptions and update account information. We use the personally identifiable information that you provide us to deliver products and services, maintain your account information and to personalize and enhance your visit to the Web Site by notifying you of products, services, and other information that we think may be of interest to you. The decision on whether to disclose personally identifiable information is up to you.
We may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties for the purpose of introducing you to third party services that we think might be of interest to you. This information will be shared with others:
- if you consent to the disclosure, for instance, by indicating that you would like to receive information about a third-party’s products or services;
- if we hire entities and individuals to perform services on our behalf and consider the sharing of such information necessary to perform the services; or
- for security reasons, or if legally required to do so, or if requested to do so by a governmental entity.
We also may gather certain non-personally identifiable information concerning subscriber or visitor use of the Web Site, such us the sections that you visit, the services that you access, the links that you use and the frequency of your visits. We use this non-personally identifiable information to provide a better and more efficient Web Site visit to you.
Continuous Service Program:
We will continue to renew your subscription, without interruption, until you tell us to stop. Each year, approximately 30 days prior to the end of your term, you will receive a reminder notice letting you know that your subscription is about to renew. On the anniversary date of your subscription, we will charge your credit card on file the rate currently in effect. If your credit card cannot be charged, we will contact you directly. You may cancel your subscription at any time by contacting customer service and receive a full refund on all undelivered issues. For additional subscription options, please call 1-800-SUMMARY.
When you sign up for a trial subscription you gain access to the promised content for the period of the trial, during which time you can cancel at any time by calling us at 1-800-SUMMARY. Once the trial period is over we will continue your subscription under the terms of the continuous service program described above, charging your credit card on a monthly basis.
You can request at any time to unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or promotional emails by following the instructions in the applicable e-newsletter or e-mail.
If you do not wish to receive third party offers/promotions, you may opt-out at any time by mailing a written request to:
2 Christy Drive
Chadds Ford, PA 19317 USA